Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kids Corner

(Olive Press/Phoenicia Times February 25, 2010)

Days. Days turned to hours. Hours turned to minutes. Minutes, to loads of laundry. I stood face to face with the largest pile of laundry ever. This pile was as big as, probably, Mount Kilimanjaro. I don't think any child has ever done this much laundry in her life. Why I'm talking about doing laundry is because I recently got a punishment for leaving towels on my floor. They were camouflaged with the mess of things on my floor. Maybe I'm just towel blind. I was repeatedly leaving towels. This habit made my dad have a slightly large cow. He warned. I tried. I failed. One day, I came home from a particularly boring day of school, and my mom said, "You forget something today." In my mind, I was thinking, "What could it be? My backpack? My folder? My music binder?" But, wait, no, I didn't have music class today--just bland work. "WHAT???" So, she said, "Your towel. You forgot your towel again." To myself, I was rethinking hard, "I didn't have a shower today..." That towel ended up being THREE DAYS OLD! To all of my Washing Wonders (all you kids out there who have to do laundry), I have no strategy for doing layndry. No shortcuts. My strategy would be to avoid doing laundry at all. Beg for dear life not to have this for a punishment. That's just my advice, though. So, live long and wear dirty clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment